The cases below demonstrate our experience in handling catastrophic injury claims:
- Acted as plaintiff’s counsel in one of the largest awards in British Columbia for the wrongful death of a child.
- Acted as counsel for a quadriplegic plaintiff in an action involving the liability of an employer supplying alcohol to its employees during working hours.
- Successfully prosecuted an action on behalf of a plaintiff who sustained multiple amputations arising from negligent treatment in a provincial corrections facility.
- Acted as counsel for a quadriplegic plaintiff against a highway maintenance contractor as a result of unsafe conditions on a highway.
- Acted for the surviving spouses and families of pilots killed in aircraft accidents.
- Successfully defended a claim for traumatic brain injury and related disability.
- Represented a couple injured in a float-plane crash and established that post-traumatic stress symptoms impacted ability to work, leading to the award of damages in excess of $450,000.
- Successfully argued for the admissibility of complex medical evidence relating to client's symptoms of multiple sclerosis, which had been aggravated by an automobile accident.
- Acted as counsel for a pedestrian who suffered a severe traumatic brain injury after being struck by a vehicle making a left turn at an intersection.